How to make the Perfect Easy Roasted Chicken dinner every time! Everything you need to know – how to prep your Chicken, how to season it, how to ensure you get crispy skin with moist chicken without fail and how to use up the leftovers!
- 1 Natural Whole Chicken (3.5 to 5 lbs.), neck and giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons seasoning of your choice (Here are 5 Spice Rubs for Chicken) – I used Lemon Pepper
Optional Roasted Vegetables:
- 3 carrots, sliced into 2” chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into cubes
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and position your rack in the middle of the oven.
- Pat whole chicken dry with paper towel.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with lemon halves.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil all over the chicken and rub with your hands. Next, add your seasoning (I used lemon pepper) and rub all over the chicken, including inside the cavity.
- Transfer chicken breast side up to a roasting pan or skillet.
- Using cooking twine, tie the legs together.
- Place chicken in the oven, uncovered, and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle remaining olive oilover of the chicken. Place the chicken back into the oven and continue roasting for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven when thermometer reads 165°F into the thickest part of the thigh (the bottom of the chicken.)
- Let the chicken rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
Roasted Vegetable Option: (do this part before your transfer to baking dish)
- To a large bowl add carrots, red onion, red potato, olive oil, thyme, garlic powder, salt and ground pepper. Toss to coat.
- Add vegetables to a bottom of a skillet or baking dish. Top with prepared seasoned whole chicken.
- Resume with Step 7 above.
Keywords: roasted chicken whole, roasted chicken, how to roast chicken, how to make roasted chicken, best roasted chicken, easy roasted chicken, roasted chicken recipe, recipe for roasted chicken, roasted chicken in oven