This creamy hummus is super smooth, quick, easy, made with minimal ingredients and tastes so fresh and flavorful.
- 28oz. canned of low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3–4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1–2 tablespoons of water
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in or colander with water. Place chickpeas on a paper towel and dry off. Using another paper towel gently rub the chickpeas to help the skin fall over. I recommend removing the skin from at least half of the chickpeas to help with a creamy texture. It’s tedious but worth it.
- To a food processor add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, cumin and salt. Blend for 2-3 minutes until the hummus is nice and creamy.
- If your hummus seems too thick add a couple tablespoons of water to thin it out.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: o g
Keywords: homemade hummus, best hummus, how to make hummus