Learn How to Grill Steak Perfectly every time using this easy step by step guide and temperature chart. No marinades or fancy cooking methods, just straight up easy foolproof grilling.
- 2 prime filet mignon (you could also buy Choice)
- 1 thick prime ribeye steak
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Garlic Herb Butter:
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Garlic Herb Butter:
- To make the garlic herb butter, to a small bowl add butter, garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme and salt. Using a spoon mix together until combined. Set aside at room temperature.
- Remove steaks 30 minutes prior to grilling to take the cool off.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, approximately 350-400°F.
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel. Lightly brush both sides of steak with avocado oil.
- Liberally season both sides with salt and pepper. (the thicker the steak the more salt you’ll want, the measurements are a base!!!
- Place seasoned steaks on searing hot grill and close the grill. DO NOT TOUCH. Flip at recommended time below for desired doneness.
- 3 to 4 minutes per side for rare (120°)
- 4 to 5 minute per side for medium-rare (130°)
- 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium (140°)
- 6 to 8 minutes per side or well done (150°+)
- Once steaks reach doneness temperature immediately remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
- Top with a scoop of garlic herb butter before serving.
Note: I made both a filet mignon and ribeye however you DO NOT need to make both of these for this recipe. Just choose the steak you want and move forward with the rest.
Keywords: how to grill steak, how to grill steak perfectly, grilled steak recipe, how to grill a steak, how to grill steak medium rare, what temp to grill steaks, grilled steak temp, grilled steak how long, grilled steak recipes, filet mignon grill, filet mignon on grill, filet mignon recipe, grilled ribeye, grilled ribeye steak