This Hot Spiked Cranberry Mulled Cider recipe is the perfect holiday drink for a crowd. An easy cocktail made in the crock pot with apple cider, cranberry juice, cinnamon, clove, star anise, orange slices and spiked with spiced rum.
- 1 gallon apple cider or unfiltered apple juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 large orange, cut into 1/4” slices
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 1/2 cups spiced rum (I used Captain Morgan)
- To crock pot, add apple cider, cranberry juice, orange slices and cinnamon sticks. Then to a spice ball add star anise, whole cloves and whole allspice.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Add rum to the mulled apple cider mixture.
- Remove fruit and spices from the pot.
(optional: garnish with orange slices, apple slices or spices)
- Serving Size: 8 oz.
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 28 g
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: mulled cider, mulled cider recipe, apple cider, how to make mulled cider, cranberry apple, mulled cider crock pot, spices for mulled cider, holiday cocktails, holiday cocktail recipe, spiked apple cider, spiked mulled cider, hot apple cider recipe, hot crockpot cider