Honey blackened salmon is perfectly tender and flaky on the inside, and crispy and smoky on the outside. You’ll love this sweet and spicy salmon recipe!
For the Blackened Salmon
- 4 (4-6 oz.) salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Honey Butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- To a small bowl, add smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, oregano, parsley, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix together and set aside.
- To a small bowl, add softened butter and honey. Using a spoon, mix together. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, around 350-400°F.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel.
- Season the flesh side of the salmon with blackening seasoning. Gently rub in so the seasoning sticks.
- Place salmon on the grill skin side first. Grill for 6-8 minutes until the salmon releases.
- Gently, flip the salmon and grill flesh side for 1-2 minutes until slight grill marks appear.
- Remove salmon from the grill when internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Immediately place a dollop of butter on each salmon filet.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedge. Serve.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Heat air fryer to 400°F.
- Do steps 1- 5. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place salmon skin side down in the the air fryer basket and cook for 9 minutes.
- Remove and top with honey butter.
- Optional: garnish with parsley and lemon wedge.
- To Store: Keep cooled salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1 salmon filet
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 374 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 128 mg
Keywords: blackened salmon, blackened salmon recipe