Cook up moist and flaky salmon fillets every time with this easy recipe! Grilled Honey Blackened Salmon is wonderfully crispy on the outside and loaded with classic Cajun flavor through and through.
For the Blackened Salmon
- 4 (4-6 oz.) salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Honey Butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- To a small bowl, add smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, oregano, parsley, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix together and set aside.
- To a small bowl, add softened butter and honey. Using a spoon, mix together. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, around 350-400°F.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel.
- Season the flesh side of the salmon with blackening seasoning. Gently rub in so the seasoning sticks.
- Place salmon on the grill skin side first. Grill for 6-8 minutes until the salmon releases.
- Gently, flip the salmon and grill flesh side for 1-2 minutes until slight grill marks appear.
- Remove salmon from the grill when internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Immediately place a dollop of butter on each salmon filet.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedge. Serve.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Heat air fryer to 400°F.
- Do steps 1- 5. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place salmon skin side down in the the air fryer basket and cook for 9 minutes.
- Remove and top with honey butter.
- Optional: garnish with parsley and lemon wedge.
- To Store: Keep cooled salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1 salmon filet
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 374 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 128 mg
Keywords: honey salmon, blackened seasoning, how to cook grilled salmon