This fresh homemade Basil Pesto is made with pecans instead of pine nut to give it some extra body, but the same great herby flavor!
- 2 cups fresh packed basil
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- clove garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (or 2/3 cup depending on the type of consistency you like)
- 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- Blend basil, pecans, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Slowly add the olive oil till smooth.
- Once completely blended stir in the parmesan cheese.
Keywords: homemade pesto, pesto genovese, basil pesto