Fresh Simple Cucumber Bites topped with a zesty Herb Cream Cheese and sweet Piquillo Peppers. The perfect refreshing appetizer recipe for your next party!
- 2 english cucumbers, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 T. chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- 3 piquillo peppers, thinly sliced
- To a small bowl, add cream cheese, chives, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and dry basil. Using a hand mixer, blend until all the spices are combined together and cream cheese is smooth and spreadable.
- Put cream cheese mixture in a small ziplock bag. Closer the bag. Cut off one of the bottom tips.
- Spread cucumbers out on a serving try. (you can use this as a make shift piping bag to squeeze the cream cheese onto the cucumbers)
- Top each cucumber slice with a 1-2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with 1-2 slices of the piquillo peppers.
Note: if not serving right away, keep refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 3-4 bites
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 182 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg
Keywords: party appetizer recipe, healthy party appetizer