An Easy Classic Minestrone Soup Recipe that can stand on its own as a main dish. This hearty soup recipe has a rich tomato based broth and loaded with vegetables and small pasta for the ultimate comforting bite.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 large squash, diced
- 2 cups of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can of white kidney beans (or great northern beans), drained & rinsed
- 2 teaspoons of dry basil
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of white cooking wine
- 2 (15oz.) cans of diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 7 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of ditalini pasta
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat a large Dutch Oven or Soup Pot to medium high heat. Add olive oil and then immediately add onions. Saute until slightly browned about 5-6 minutes.
- Next add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Immediately add in white cooking wine to deglaze, scrap the brown bites off the bottom.
- Then add carrots, zucchini, squash and cabbage to the pot. Saute for 6-8 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and soft.
- Then add in basil, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir until herbs are combined.
- Add in fire roasted tomatoes, water and vegetables stock.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes to let all the flavors soak in together.
- Next add in pasta, kidney beans and white beans. Cook for 10 minutes, until pasta is done.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese on top!
Keywords: minestrone soup recipe, healthy minestrone soup, how to make minestrone soup, best minestrone soup recipe