These moist strawberry muffins are a healthy dessert turned breakfast. They’re ready in less than 30 minutes and are great for the week.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- To large bowl add white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add mashed banana, honey, unsweetened applesauce, egg and vanilla extract. Using a spatula, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until everything is combined. Add in strawberries and gently mix.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way full with the strawberry muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 215 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: strawberry muffins, healthy strawberry muffins, homemade strawberry muffins