This Healthy One Pan Cheesy Quinoa Taco Skillet is done in 30 minutes! This delicious gluten free Quinoa Taco Skillet dinner will be your family’s new favorite weeknight dinner!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 14 oz. can of diced fire roasted tomato
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or mexican cheese
- High a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add avocado oil to the pan along with ground turkey. Break up the turkey and cook until no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Then add in onion, garlic, red pepper, poblano pepper, quinoa, fire roasted tomato, frozen corn, smoked paprika, cumin and chili powder. Stir everything together and add in the vegetable broth, water and black beans. Gently stir one last time.
- Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once quinoa is cooked through season with salt and add in lime juice and fresh cilantro. Stir everything together.
- Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese and cover. Cook an additional 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: taco skillet, mexican quinoa, turkey taco skillet, one pan meals, turkey quinoa skillet, healthy one pan recipes, ground turkey recipes, easy taco skillet, quinoa skillet, healthy gluten free recipes,