Freezer Bacon & Egg Breakfast Burritos an easy make a head breakfast that’s in high protein and under 300 calories a serving. These Breakfast Burritos are a must if you’re into meal prep!
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups diced baby spinach
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked until crispy and then diced
- 5 Flatout Flatbreads
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs and egg whites. Set Aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and onion. Saute until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add in minced garlic, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add red pepper and spinach. Saute until spinach is wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Stirring throughout.
- Next, add in eggs and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked, stirring the entire time with a spatula.
- Place egg mixture in the refrigerator and allow the eggs to come to cool. (this will prevent the burritos from getting soggy or breaking when you roll them)
- Place flatbreads in microwave and warm up for 1 minute.
- Assemble the burritos.
- To each flatbread, add 1/5 of the egg mixture, 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and 1 tablespoon of diced bacon.
- Wrap tightly. Then wrap each individual burrito with plastic wrap and place all of them in a freezer storage bag.
Reheating Instructions from Frozen:
- Oven: preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unwrap burritos and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inside is cooked.
- Microwave: Unwrap burritos and then wrap them in a paper towel. Cook in microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Flipping halfway through.
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 474 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 164 mg
Keywords: healthy breakfast, kid friendly, pork, 30 minute meal, breakfast burrito, freezer breakfast burrito, bacon and egg burrito, meal prep, make a head meals, high protein recipes, easy healthy recipes