This easy scalloped potatoes recipe is a crowd favorite! Homemade scalloped potatoes made with a garlicky milk sauce and covered in cheese. The perfect cheesy potatoes recipe you’ll want all year round!
- 3 lbs. of yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced to 1/8″ thick pieces (I used a madoline)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup shredded aged white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 13×9″ baking dish with cooking spray. (I used the butter PAM)
- Add thinly sliced potatoes to a large bowl with water. This will keep the potatoes from browning.
- To a small sauce pan add milk, garlic cloves, nutmeg and fresh thyme. Bring to a boil then add butter. Stir while the butt melts. Set aside.
- Arrange half of the potatoes to the prepared baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with half the shredded white cheddar cheese and half the parmesan cheese.
- Arrange the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the milk mixture of the potatoes, making sure to evenly coat.
- Finish with remaining white cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender the top is slightly browned.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 115 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: scallop potatoes recipes, easy scallop potatoes, healthy scalloped potatoes, lighter scalloped potatoes, holiday recipes, easy holiday recipes, thanksgiving side dish, christmas side dish, homemade scalloped potatoes, how to make scalloped potatoes