This Harvest Butternut Squash Farro Salad is filled with roasted vegetables, super grains, dry cranberries and tossed with a simple vinaigrette. It’s the perfect healthy side dish this fall!
- 1 cup quick cooking farro
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups quartered brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dry cranberries
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To a medium saucepan, add dry farro and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 10 minutes. Drain any excess liquid. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add butternut squash, red onion, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper to season.
- Spread vegetables out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked farro to a bowl with the roasted vegetables, sliced almonds and dry cranberries.
- To a small bowl add apple cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, basil and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over the farro salad and toss all the ingredients together.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 129 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: farro salad, farro salad recipe, butternut squash salad, vegetable salad, vegetable salad recipe, homemade salad, easy salad recipe, best butternut squash recipe