These Ground Beef Enchilada Zucchini Boats are a healthy, gluten free version of beef enchiladas that you’ll fall in love with! They’re full of bold flavors and only 222 calories a serving!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 3 large zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise and scooped out to create a “boat”
- 1 1/2 cups of old el paso red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- diced tomatoes
- diced green onions
- diced avocado
- Heat a medium large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and onions to the pan. Saute until translucent or soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef. Cook until there is no more pink in the meat, breaking up meat into small pieces along the way.
- Add in minced garlic, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and then salt to taste. Stir until combined.
- In a 13×9 inch baking dish, add zucchini boats flesh side facing up. Scoop the ground beef mixture into the “boat” part of the zucchini.
- Pour the red enchilada sauce over the filled zucchini boats.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
- Remove the tin foil from the pan. Bake for another 5 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve.
- Add additional toppings for more deliciousness! 🙂
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 boats
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 491 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 58 mg
Keywords: zucchini boats, zucchini boats recipe, beef enchiladas recipe, easy beef enchiladas, beef enchiladas, ground beef enchiladas, how to make beef enchiladas, healthy enchiladas, best zucchini recipe