This easy Grilled Vegetable Orzo Salad with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Dressing is a great side dish recipe for any summer meal. A mixture of grilled vegetables tossed with orzo pasta, goat cheese, and a fresh homemade balsamic dressing it’s sure to become a family favorite.
- 2 zucchini, halved and quartered
- 1 yellow squash, halved and quartered
- 1 red onion, 1″ cubes/wedges
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 3 red peppers, 1″ cubes
- olive oil to drizzle, about 2 T.
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. stone ground mustard (or dijon)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 16 oz. orzo
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened
- For the Veggies:Preheat grill to med-high heat. Cut up all vegetables.
- Place all veggies in large bowl and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Put veggies in grill basket and grill for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
- Take 2 cups of the finished veggies and set aside to use later this week. Put the rest in a bowl and set aside for the rest of this dish.
- For the Dressing: In the meantime, add balsamic vinegar, stone ground mustard, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper to a bowl.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined,then slowly add olive oil. Continue to whisk until dressing thickens. (you will know it is done when it sticks to the back of a spoon)
- For the Rest: Fill a medium saucepan with water, bring to a boil. Pour orzo in boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes. Once finished pour strained orzo over grilled vegetables. Crumble softened goat cheese over orzo and pour balsamic dressing over entire mixture. Mix together until cheese is melted and everything is completely combined.
Keywords: orzo pasta salad, orzo salad recipe, orzo recipe, how to cook orzo, easy orzo salad, easy orzo recipes, orzo side dish