Grilled Teriyaki Chicken – tender chicken thighs marinated in a sticky sweet honey teriyaki sauce then seared on the grill. Each piece is finished off more sauce, green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds for the ultimate dinner!
- 4–5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- To a small bowl, add garlic, ginger, honey, tamari, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar. Stir together.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture for use later.
- To a medium bowl add chicken thighs and pour marinade over top. Toss to coat chicken thighs with marinade. Cover and let sit for at last 30 minutes, or 4 hours for maximum results.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat, approximately 350°F-400°F.
- Place marinated chicken thighs on grill. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes until char marks appear.
- While the chicken is grilling, place the reserved teriyaki sauce in a small saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and water to a small bowl. Stir together to make a slurry and pour into the saucepan. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring the entire time. Simmer until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Once the chicken thighs are removed from the grill. Immediately, brush them with thickened teriyaki sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- To Store: Keep cooled chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you have leftover sauce, refrigerate it in a separate airtight container. Reheat chicken over a low-heat stove until warmed through, adding an extra splash of teriyaki sauce to keep it from drying out.
- To Freeze: Place cooled chicken into a heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Alternatively, store it in a freezer-safe container. Freeze extra sauce in a separate container for up to 3 months, leaving at least an inch of airspace so it can expand as it solidifies. Thaw out frozen sauce and chicken in the fridge before reheating.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 28 g
- Sodium: 1399 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
Keywords: grilled chicken thighs, teriyaki chicken marinade, homemade teriyaki sauce