Grilled Red Snapper topped with a Roasted Red Pepper and Charred Tomato Relish for a light and fresh 30 Minute meal perfect for summer!
- 1 lb. red snapper, skin on
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt to season
Charred Tomato Pepper Relish:
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 pint of yellow sweet tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to season
- 2 shallots, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper
- 5 large leaves of basil, chiffon
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill to 375-400 degrees.
- Add tomatoes to a small bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on whole red pepper. Rub the oil around the pepper to make sure the whole thing is coated. Do the same with the shallots.
- Add tomatoes to a grill basket and grill for 5 minutes, tossing throughout. You’ll want to remove them when they start to burst.
- At the same time add red pepper and shallots to the grill. Grill each side of the shallots for 3 minutes. Grill each side of the red peppers for 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill and place the red pepper in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 3 minutes. Remove the skin from the pepper and dice. Dice the shallots as well.
- To a bowl, add grilled tomatoes, roasted red pepper, grilled shallots, basil, and white balsamic vinegar. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Drizzle the red snapper with 1 tablespoon of canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place snapper on the grill, flesh side down first. Grill for 5 minutes. Flip the fish, and grill the other skin side for 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and top with charred tomato relish.
- Serving Size: 4 oz. relish + relish
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 818 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg