A quick 15 minute Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad with a homemade egg and anchovy free caesar dressing! This Grilled Salad is light, refreshing and perfect for the summer!
- 1 lbs. wild caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 head of romaine, cut in half
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- a few dashes of tabasco, to taste
- juice of half a lemon (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 375 – 400 degrees F.
- To a small food processor add garlic clove, stone ground mustard, tabasco sauce, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the garlic clove is minced and the dressing is emulsified. (no more oil and vinegar separation) ** if the dressing is too tart for you add a teaspoon of honey ** Set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle each romaine half with canola oil.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray.
- Place romaine lettuce directly on the grill. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes, until the lettuce is slightly charred and starting to wilt. Remove and set aside.
- Place shrimp directly on the grill and grill each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove.
- Roughly chopped the charred romaine lettuce.
- Place lettuce in a bowl along with grilled shrimp, grape tomatoes, avocado and pepitas.
- Serve with dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 373
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 372 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 231 mg
Keywords: Salad, Seafood, Gluten Free, Grilling