The perfect Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Salad filled with tender marinated chicken, grilled veggies, sweet tomatoes, creamy avocado all tossed in a tangy honey mustard dressing that doubles as a marinade.
Honey Mustard Chicken:
- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 whole red onion, cut into 1″ rings (leave skin on to help with grilling process)
- 2 ears of sweet corn, shucked
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- To a small bowl add honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Add 1/3 of the dressing to a medium bowl with the chicken. Toss chicken to coat in the honey mustard sauce and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Set aside remaining sauce to use as dressing.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400°F.
- Add corn earns and sliced onion rings to grill. Grill onion rings for 4-5 minutes, until slightly charred. Then flip and repeat on the other side. Remove onions from grill when they are tender and charred. For the corn, grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until slightly charred on each side. Then cut the corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
- While the veggies are grilling, add marinated chicken to the grill. Grill each side for 4-7 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove from grill when chicken is no longer pink or when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute before slicing.
- Assemble Salad: To a large bowl add romaine lettuce, sliced chicken, grilled onion, grilled corn kernels, roasted red pepper, tomato and sliced avocado. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Recipe inspired by Cafe Delites
- Serving Size: 2 cups + dressing
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 583 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
Keywords: honey mustard chicken, honey mustard chicken salad, grilled chicken salad, easy chicken salad, grilled chicken recipe, honey mustard chicken recipe, honey mustard for chicken, recipe for honey mustard chicken, easy chicken salad recipe, honey mustard dressing recipe