The perfect Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Salad filled with tender marinated chicken, grilled veggies, sweet tomatoes, creamy avocado all tossed in a tangy honey mustard dressing that doubles as a marinade.
Honey Mustard Chicken:
- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 whole red onion, cut into 1″ rings (leave skin on to help with grilling process)
- 2 ears of sweet corn, shucked
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- To a small bowl add honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Add 1/3 of the dressing to a medium bowl with the chicken. Toss chicken to coat in the honey mustard sauce and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Set aside remaining sauce to use as dressing.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400°F.
- Add corn earns and sliced onion rings to grill. Grill onion rings for 4-5 minutes, until slightly charred. Then flip and repeat on the other side. Remove onions from grill when they are tender and charred. For the corn, grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until slightly charred on each side. Then cut the corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
- While the veggies are grilling, add marinated chicken to the grill. Grill each side for 4-7 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove from grill when chicken is no longer pink or when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute before slicing.
- Assemble Salad: To a large bowl add romaine lettuce, sliced chicken, grilled onion, grilled corn kernels, roasted red pepper, tomato and sliced avocado. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Recipe inspired by Cafe Delites
- Serving Size: 2 cups + dressing
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 583 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
Keywords: honey mustard chicken salad, grilled chicken salad, easy chicken salad, grilled chicken recipe, honey mustard chicken recipe, honey mustard for chicken, easy chicken salad recipe, honey mustard dressing recipe