This 3-ingredient grilled filet mignon recipe is a juicy steak dinner you’ll love for any weeknight or special occasions.
- 2 8 oz filet mignon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove steaks 45 minutes prior to grilling to bring to room temperature.
- Heat grill to high heat, approximately 400°F-450°F.
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel. Liberally season both sides with salt and pepper. (the thicker the steak the more salt you’ll want, the measurements are a base!!!)
- Place seasoned steaks on searing hot grill and close the grill. DO NOT TOUCH. Flip at recommended time below for desired doneness.
- 3 to 4 minutes per side for rare (120°)
- 4 to 5 minute per side for medium-rare (130°)
- 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium (140°)
- 6 to 8 minutes per side or well done (150°+)
- Once steaks reach doneness temperature, remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
- Serving Size: 1 8oz steak
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 1262 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 49 g
- Cholesterol: 138 mg
Keywords: grilled filet mignon, grilled filet mignon recipe