Easy 30 Minute Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp served in a Grilled Avocado Boat. This light & flavorful recipe makes the perfect party appetizer or main dish for the summer!
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- zest of 1 large lime
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 avocados, halved and seeds removed (scoop out a little bit so there is a “hole” for the shrimp)
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- To a medium bowl add shrimp, cilantro, cumin, smoked paprika, minced garlic, lime zest, salt and olive oil. Toss all the ingredients to coat completely.
- Spray each avocado half with cooking spray.
- Next, spray grill grates with cooking spray or wipe down with an olive oil soaked rag.
- Place shrimp directly on the grill, along with avocado, flesh side down. Grill each side of the shrimp for 3 minutes. Grill avocado for 3-4 minutes on the flesh side. Remove everything from the grill.
- Serve shrimp inside of the avocado hole where the seed use to be. Top with cherry tomatoes.
- Serving Size: 1 half avocado + shrimp
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 70 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grilling, seafood, paleo, gluten free, appetizer, 30 minute meal