GLUTEN FREE AMARETTO BISCOTTI a lightly toasted sweet treat made with almond flour, amaretto liquor then dipped in dark chocolate. These crispy crunchy biscotti are perfect for dunking in a warm cup of coffee.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liquor
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 1/2 cups ground almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- To a large bowl add almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, sliced almonds and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- To a medium bowl add eggs, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste, almond extract, amaretto liquor and coconut oil. Whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using a spatula mix everything together. (dough will be slightly sticky)
- Form two logs about 4″ long, 4″ wide and about an 1″ thick. You’ll have to mold it with your hands. Place on a prepared baking sheet. (HINT I just made to balls and then formed them into logs on the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and gently move logs to a wire rack to cool. (15-20 minutes) Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Once cool, slice biscotti logs into 1/2″ slices so you form “stick cookies”.
- Place the slices back on the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 20-30 minutes. (depending on how crunchy you like your biscotti) Flipping half way through.
- Remove biscotti from oven. Place on wire cookie rack. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle sea salt.
Keywords: amaretto recipes, healthy breakfast recipes, gluten free recipes, fall desserts, christmas cookies, kid friendly, biscotti recipe, almond flour biscotti, thanksgiving dessert, brunch recipes