Warm and juicy blueberries combine with sweet, peppery ginger and a buttery cinnamon pecan topping in this tempting Blueberry Crisp! It’s a healthy dessert that’s easy to make in about half an hour.
For the Ginger Blueberry Filling
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- pinch of salt
For the Crispy Oat Topping
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl mix blueberries, minced ginger, and a pinch of salt. Toss and place in 8×8 glass pan.
- In a small bowl add regular oats, white whole wheat flour, brown sugar, pecans, butter, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Mix so that the topping is crumbly.
- Sprinkle crisp topping on ginger blueberry mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- (optional) top with vanilla bean ice cream
- Makes 6-8 servings.
- To Store: Transfer fully cooled crisp to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Note that the topping will gradually become less crispy.
- To Reheat: Reheat large portions of crisp in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until warmed through. Individual servings can be warmed up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- To Freeze: Place cooled crisp into an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 79 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: berry crisp, fruit crisps, blueberry dessert