This simple Roasted Turkey Breast recipe is rubbed with Garlic Herb Compound Butter and baked until it’s perfectly juicy and tender. It’s so simple and has that authentic Thanksgiving flavor!
- 4–5 lb boneless turkey breast, skin on
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- large sheet of double lined cheesecloth
Garlic Herb Butter:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt (I used black truffle salt from Sur la Table)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place turkey breast on a large wire-rack lined baking pan or roasting pan. Pat dry with a paper towel. Generously season both sides of the turkey with salt and pepper. I used around 1-2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Put orange and lemon slices directly under the turkey breast, you may have to lift the turkey breast up slightly to do this.
- To make the garlic herb compound butter: place the softened butter in a medium bowl along with salt, black pepper, tarragon, sage, thyme, rosemary and garlic cloves. Mash together using a fork or spoon until everything is combined.
- Separate out 3/4 of the butter mixture, set aside the remaining 1/4 for later use.
- Starting at the breast, using your fingers, gently separate the skin from the body of the bird so you have a little “pocket.” Gently rub 3/4 of the butter mixture under the skin as well as on top of the skin.
- Cover turkey breast with double-lined cheese cloth.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecloth from the top of the turkey. Top with an additional 1/4 of butter and roast another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165°F.
- Once the turkey breast has come to temp, remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: roast turkey breast, turkey breast in oven, oven roasted turkey breast, baked turkey breast