This gluten free Cherry Crisp Recipe uses fresh cherries and honey! It’s a delicious spring and summer dessert that’s perfect for sharing!
- 3 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten free regular oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Raw Honey
- 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- To a medium bowl, add prepared cherries, 3 tablespoons of honey, arrowroot, lemon juice, and salt. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- To a small bowl, add sliced almonds, regular oats, 2 tablespoons of honey, coconut oil, ground cinnamon, and salt. Toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Using two 2.5″ cast iron skillets (or an 8×8 pan) evenly spread the cherry mixture between the two. Then do the same with the crisp topping.
- Place skillets on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. (until the cherry mixture is “bubbly” and crisp is slightly browned)
- Remove and serve.
- Optional: serve with ice cream
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 96 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: cherry crisp, cherry crisp recipe, fruit crisp recipe, cherry dessert, cherry dessert recipe, summer dessert recipe, summer dessert, healthy dessert recipe, healthy dessert