Grilled Cauliflower Steaks topped with a homemade pecan pesto – a nutritious vegan side dish or main dish that everyone will love. The perfect low carb recipe for the summer!
- 2 heads of cauliflower, 6-8 1″ cauliflower steaks (each cauliflower head will give you 3–4 steaks)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt & pepper to season
Homemade Pecan Basil Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh packed basil
- 1/4 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- clove garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (or 2/3 cup depending on the type of consistency you like)
- 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of cauliflower steaks with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently place seasoned cauliflower steaks on clean oiled grill.
- Grill each side for 4 minutes, gently flipping with a spatula to grill the other side.
- Remove from grill and let rest.
- In the meantime, to a food processor basil, raw pecans, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Pulse until the basil is finely chopped.
- Slowly add in the olive oil and combine to blend until combined.
- Transfer pesto to a bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- To serve, top cauliflower steaks with pesto.
- Serving Size: 1 cauliflower steak + pesto
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 257 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grilled cauliflower steaks, cauliflower steaks, pecan pesto, pesto sauce, basil pesto sauce, low carb cauliflower recipes, how to grill cauliflower steaks