This Epic Whole30 Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner for the garlic lover! Juicy pan seared chicken smothered in a dairy free garlic cream sauce for the ultimate bite – all in just 30 minutes.
- 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast (usually 2 large chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 whole head of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 15 oz. can of full fat coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Lay chicken breast on a cutting board, with your hand on top, carefully slice the chicken in half so you have a top and a bottom have. (essentially cutlets)
- Season your 4 chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and add chicken breast to skillet.
- Pan sear chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let rest.
- Reduce heat to medium, then immediately add remaining tablespoon of ghee and all of your whole garlic cloves. Saute cloves for 3-4 minutes, stirring around the pan occasionally to brown the outside.
- Once garlic is slightly browned, add yellow onion to pan. Saute for 1-2 minutes, until translucent.
- Next, add in chicken broth, lemon juice and fresh thyme. Stir and bring to a simmer, reduce by the mixture by half.
- Slowly add in coconut milk and stir until combined. Season with salt to taste.
- Add chicken breast pan to pan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or basil and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 chicken + sauce
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 240 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Cholesterol: 129 mg
Keywords: chicken with garlic, chicken with garlic sauce, creamy garlic chicken, whole30 chicken recipe, how to make garlic chicken, garlic chicken recipe