These Baja Fish Tacos loaded with cilantro lime slaw, zesty Avocado Crema and fresh Pico de Gallo! The perfect healthy dinner recipe everyone in your family will love!
Baja Fish Tacos:
- 2 lbs. cod filets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- optional: fresh pico de gallo
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw:
- To a large bowl, add green cabbage, purple cabbage, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat and set aside.
- To a food processor add, avocado, garlic, 1/4 cup cilantro, cumin, red pepper flakes, 1.5 tablespoons of lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt. Blend until smooth and looks like a puree or dressing. Set aside.
Baja Fish Tacos:
- To a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Stir to blend everything together.
- Season both sides of cod with spice blend and gently rub in.
- Heat a large non-skillet skillet to medium high heat.
- Add avocado oil to pan once hot and immediately add season cod. Sear each side for 2-3 minutes. (the cod is done when it is still white in the center and gently flakes apart)
- Remove cod from pan and set on a plate to rest.
- To heat corn tortillas: heat a skillet to medium high heat, spray both sides of tortilla with cooking spray and cook for 1-2 minutes on either side until browned.
- Assemble Baja Fish Tacos: To one heated corn tortilla add 2 tablespoons of avocado crema, 1/3 cup slaw, 2 oz. of cod and (optional) pico de gallo.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 478 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
Keywords: baja fish tacos, baja fish taco recipe, cabbage slaw, avocado crema, avocado sauce, baja fish taco sauce, cinco de mayo recipes, best fish taco recipe