One of the best potato salad recipes I’ve ever made! An easy potato salad with bacon, hardboiled eggs and a creamy homemade mustard sauce.
- 3.5– 4 lbs of yukon potatoes, cut into 1/4” thick cubes
- 5 hard boiled eggs, sliced or diced
- 5 strips of bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup of chives, diced
Creamy Mustard Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme, diced
- 1/2 cup of stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a skillet to medium high heat, add diced bacon and cook until crispy. About 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bacon from pan and place on a place with paper towel to soak up the grease. Set aside.
- Place diced potatoes in a large pot, completely cover potatoes with water. Place on medium high burner, bring to a boil.
- Let potatoes cook for 10-15 minutes, until fork tender. (meaning you can poke potatoes with a fork because they are tender)
- Drain potatoes and let sit.
- In the meantime, to a small bowl add stone ground mustard, dijon mustard, greek yogurt, lemon juice, thyme, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl along with hard boiled eggs, bacon, chives, and creamy thyme mustard sauce.
- Gently toss potato salad until everything is coated with sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 106 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: potato salad, easy potato salad, best potato salad, potato salad recipe, potato salad with bacon, homemade potato salad