Healthy Zucchini Muffins naturally sweetened with maple syrup! These zucchini muffins are light, moist and fluffy with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. They are my go to zucchini muffin recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup grated zucchini (about 1 1/2 zucchinis)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add cupcake liners to muffin tins or spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, add maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Squeeze grated zucchini to remove any excess liquid.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Add the batter to prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 627 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: zucchini muffins, healthy zucchini muffins, zucchini muffin recipe, easy zucchini muffin recipe, zucchini recipes, how to use zucchini, easy breakfast recipes, summer zucchini recipes, healthy brunch ideas