This Quick Mango Shrimp Ceviche is perfect on those hot summer days when you’re looking for a light & fresh bite! Filled with tender shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno, mango, avocado and lime juice. It’s the ultimate appetizer or main dish.
- 1 lb. small raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup english cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup diced roma tomato
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, diced
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- 2 avocado, diced
- Dice prepared shrimp up into smaller bite size pieces. (about 1/4″-1/2″)
- Add shrimp to a large bowl and pour lime juice over the shrimp. Toss to coat the shrimp and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. The acid from the lime juice will cook the shrimp and turn it opaque in color. That’s how you know it’s done.
- Next, add cucumber, tomato, jalapeno, red onion, mango, cilantro, garlic cloves, cumin, salt and pepper to the bowl with the shrimp. Toss to mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When ready to serve, add in the avocado. Gently toss to mix everything together.
- Serve as is or with tortilla chips.
Keywords: mango shrimp ceviche, shrimp ceviche recipe, how to make shrimp ceviche