An Easy Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs Recipe that’s fall off the bone tender, loaded with smoky flavor and cooks in just 30 minutes! These Baby Back Ribs will be your new go to recipe when you don’t have access to the grill and are craving them for dinner!
- 2 full racks of baby back ribs
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 yellow onion, cubed
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
Spice Rub Blend:
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- Remove the membrane from the bottom side of the ribs. Starting on one side, gently slide a knife under the membrane and pull it off just a little bit. Once you have enough membrane to hold on to you should just be able to pull it all off in one pull. Just make sure you are pulling from one side all the way to the other to ensure you’re removing the entire thing.
- To prepare the spice rub, to a small bowl add garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Rub all over the both sides of the ribs.
- Next, add water, apple cider vinegar and liquid smoke to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the wire rack in your instant pot and curl the the ribs inside the pot. Standing them on their side, wrapping around the inside of the pot with the “meat side” facing out. Top with cubed onion and garlic.
- Secure the lid for the Instant, making sure the vent is closed. Press the Pressure Cooker mode and set to 25 minutes. When the cooking time ends, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Then quick release for the rest.
- Turn the oven on to Broiler “HIGH.” Then line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the pressure cooker and set on prepared baking sheet. Slather each rack of ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Place ribs, uncovered, under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. Remove and serve.
Keywords: instant pot ribs, instant pot baby back ribs, baby back ribs instant pot, instant pot pork ribs, instant pot ribs recipe instant pot bbq ribs, ribs in the instant pot, how to make ribs in the instant pot