Healthy Instant Pot Chipotle Beef Barbacoa Recipe done in 1 1/2 hours! Made with chipotle peppers, cilantro, cumin, citrus juice and bone broth for hands down the BEST barbacoa you’ll ever eat!
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 3.5 lb. beef brisket (or beef chuck roast will work)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- juice of 4 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup orang juice
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cubed
- 1 whole head of garlic, each clove peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 4 bay leaves
- To a blender add, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, red onion, garlic cloves, ground clove, cumin, and oregano. Blend until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the Sauté setting and let it heat up.
- Season both sides of brisket with salt and pepper. (you may have to cut brisket in half to cook in two stages)
- Add grape seed oil to the Instant Pot.
- Next, add brisket to the Instant Pot and sear it on both side. Approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- Once the meat is browned pour the chipotle mixture from the blender over the meat.
- Then add beef bone broth and top with bay leaves.
- Transfer the browned beef back to the Instant Pot. Seal the lid.
- Switch the Instant Pot over to the Meat/Stew setting (or pressure cooker setting if yours does not have Meat/Stew) and set timer for 1 hour..
- When it’s finished, use the the Natural Pressure Release method. Remove the lid once the pressure is completely released.
- Remove meat from the instant pot and shred using two forks. (discard any fat)
- Place shredded beef back into the instant pot. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Keywords: instant pot beef recipe, instant pot beef barbacoa, instant pot dinner ideas, instant pot Mexican recipes, easy instant pot recipes