Healthy Instant Pot Chipotle Beef Barbacoa Recipe done in 1 1/2 hours! Made with chipotle peppers, cilantro, cumin, citrus juice and bone broth for hands down the BEST barbacoa you’ll ever eat!
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 3.5 lb. beef brisket (or beef chuck roast will work)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- juice of 4 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup orang juice
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cubed
- 1 whole head of garlic, each clove peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 4 bay leaves
- To a blender add, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, red onion, garlic cloves, ground clove, cumin, and oregano. Blend until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the Sauté setting and let it heat up.
- Season both sides of brisket with salt and pepper. (you may have to cut brisket in half to cook in two stages)
- Add grape seed oil to the Instant Pot.
- Next, add brisket to the Instant Pot and sear it on both side. Approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- Once the meat is browned pour the chipotle mixture from the blender over the meat.
- Then add beef bone broth and top with bay leaves.
- Transfer the browned beef back to the Instant Pot. Seal the lid.
- Switch the Instant Pot over to the Meat/Stew setting (or pressure cooker setting if yours does not have Meat/Stew) and set timer for 1 hour..
- When it’s finished, use the the Natural Pressure Release method. Remove the lid once the pressure is completely released.
- Remove meat from the instant pot and shred using two forks. (discard any fat)
- Place shredded beef back into the instant pot. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Keywords: instant pot beef recipe, instant pot beef barbacoa, instant pot dinner ideas, instant pot Mexican recipes, easy instant pot recipes, barbacoa recipe, what is barbacoa, barbacoa chipotle, barbacoa beef, barbacoa meat