Easy Grilled Balsamic Caprese Chicken – the ultimate summer grilling recipe! Juicy delicious balsamic marinated grilled chicken breast topped with vine ripe tomatoes, melting fresh mozzarella and basil!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt to taste
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into 4 slices
- 1 vine ripe tomato, sliced into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffoned
- In a small bowl, add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, garlic and salt to taste. Whisk ingredients together. Reserve half of the marinade and set aside for later.
- Add chicken breast to a large ziplock bag or medium bowl, pour remaining marinade in with chicken. Toss to make sure chicken is coated with marinade.
- Let chicken breast sit in marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Clean grill grates with grill brush and rub with oil.
- Place marinaded chicken on grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes on the first side. Flip and grill on the other side for 4 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with remaining balsamic marinade. Then place a slice of mozzarella and tomato on top of the chicken. Close the grill and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chiffoned basil and any remaining marinade.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 277 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 46 g
- Cholesterol: 123 mg
Keywords: grilled chicken recipes, caprese chicken, chicken caprese, summer grilling recipes, balsamic chicken, chicken dinner ideas, healthy chicken recipes, best grilled chicken recipe, honey balsamic chicken