Crock Pot Chicken Curry with coconut milk has never been easier! This simple chicken recipe is the perfect sweet spicy weeknight meal, plus it’s loaded with veggies!
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion, cubed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 8 oz. snap peas
- salt to taste
- To a 7 qt Crock Pot add raw chicken, potatoes, carrots, red pepper and red onion.
- To a medium bowl add chicken broth, red curry paste, fresh ginger and garlic cloves. Whisk to mix everything together.
- Pour curry mixture into the crock pot. Stir the chicken and vegetables with a spoon so everything is coated with the curry mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Remove 3 tablespoons of the liquid from the crockpot and place in a small bowl. Mix with 3 tablespoons of arrowroot and pour the mixture into the crock pot. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Next add in coconut milk, lime juice, fresh cilantro, and snap peas. Stir to mix everything together. Salt to taste.
- Cook on HIGH for an additional 30-45 minutes.
- Serve as is or over a bed of jasmine rice.
** if you don’t have arrowroot you could use cornstarch as well.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 603 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: chicken breast recipe, crock pot, chicken, kid friendly, gluten free, dairy free, paleo, chicken curry, coconut curry, dinner ideas, weeknight meals, simple chicken recipes, crock pot chicken