Crockpot Chicken Curry has never been easier! This crockpot chicken recipe is made with coconut milk & chicken breasts. An easy dinner idea you’ll love.
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion, cubed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 8 oz. snap peas
- salt to taste
- To a 7 qt Crock Pot add raw chicken, potatoes, carrots, red pepper and red onion.
- To a medium bowl add chicken broth, red curry paste, fresh ginger and garlic cloves. Whisk to mix everything together.
- Pour curry mixture into the crock pot. Stir the chicken and vegetables with a spoon so everything is coated with the curry mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Remove 3 tablespoons of the liquid from the crockpot and place in a small bowl. Mix with 3 tablespoons of arrowroot and pour the mixture into the crock pot. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Next add in coconut milk, lime juice, fresh cilantro, and snap peas. Stir to mix everything together. Salt to taste.
- Cook on HIGH for an additional 30-45 minutes.
- Serve as is or over a bed of jasmine rice.
** if you don’t have arrowroot you could use cornstarch as well.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 603 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: chicken breast recipe, crock pot, chicken, kid friendly, gluten free, dairy free, paleo, chicken curry, coconut curry, dinner ideas, weeknight meals, simple chicken recipes, crock pot chicken, crockpot chicken, crockpot chicken recipes, crockpot chicken breast