Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry that takes 30 minutes to make and way healthier than take out. This easy stir fry recipe is low carb, high protein, gluten free and filled with asian flavor!
- 1 lb. chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- sesame seeds and sliced green onion to garnish
- In a small bowl add tamari sauce, chicken broth, cloves, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, honey and arrowroot. Whisk everything together and set aside.
- Heat a wok (or large skillet) to medium high heat. Add sesame oil to the pan. Then add half the sliced chicken to the wok. Saute until cooked through or until there is no pink, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and place on a plate. Repeat process with the remaining chicken.
- Once all the chicken is cooked through and resting on the plate.
- Add red pepper to the wok and saute for 2 minutes. Then add garlic and broccoli. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken back to the wok along with the Stir Fry sauce.
- Toss everything to coat with sauce. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve plain or on top of rice. (optional: garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions)
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 737 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 42 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
Keywords: gluten free, dinner ideas, 30 minute meal, chicken recipes, chicken breast recipe, kid friendly, chicken and broccoli stir fry, stir fry recipes,