Easy Sweet & Spicy BBQ Chicken Wings – baked instead of fried these classic bbq chicken wings are crispy, tender and smothered in a sweet spicy BBQ Sauce!
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Smoky Chipotle Spice Rub
Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups favorite BBQ sauce (I used Stubbs)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of Smoky Chipotle Spice Rub. Toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add BBQ sauce, honey, dijon mustard, smoked paprika and sriracha sauce. Stir and bring to a simmer, let simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
- Optional: add chopped green onions for garnish.
- Serving Size: 4 wings + sauce
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 367 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 153 mg
Keywords: bbq chicken wings, chicken wings recipe, low carb chicken recipes, how to bake chicken wings, how to make chicken wings in oven, baked chicken wings, chicken wings,