Easy 30 Minute Vegetable Thai Noodle Soup – have Thai takeout at home using healthy pantry staple ingredients. This Thai Noodle Soup is creamy, spicy, filled with veggies and gluten free rice noodles for the ultimate comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2” cubes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved snow peas
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper julienned
- 4 oz. brown rice noodles, raw
- 14 oz. coconut milk (in a can)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro diced
- salt to season
- Heat a large dutch oven or soup pot to medium high heat.
- Add in coconut oil. Once melted add yellow onions, saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Next add in the garlic and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds, until fragrant, stirring the entire time.
- Add in the red curry paste, stir the paste into the aromatics (onion, garlic and ginger) until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add in sweet potatoes and saute for 2 minutes. Then add in the chicken broth, cover and bring mixture to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- In the meantime bring a medium pot filled with water to a boil. Add brown rice noodles to the pot and cook according to directions. Remove from pot, drain water and immediately place in a cold water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Once the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Add noodles, carrots, red pepper, yellow pepper and snow peas to the chicken broth pot.
- Scoop about a cup of the broth out of the pot and add it to a blender or food processor, along with a can of coconut milk. Blend until the mixture looks creamy and the broth and milk no longer separate.
- Add the coconut milk mixture back to the soup pot. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Right before you’re about to serve it. Finish the soup with fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro. Stir and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 671 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: thai noodle soup, thai soup recipe, how to make thai noodle soup, vegetable soup, vegetarian soup, vegetable soup recipe, easy vegan recipes, easy vegan soup recipe, 30 minute meals, 30 minute vegetable dinner,