This super healthy Summer Detox Salad is filled with kale, broccoli, fresh berries and almonds. It’s topped with a “lick your plate” worthy citrus basil vinaigrette for the ultimate summer side dish!
- 4 cups of kale leaves, massaged
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Citrus Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small food processor add lemon juice, orange juice, dijon mustard, basil leaves, pepper, and canola oil. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add, kale, strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, apples, green onions, and almonds.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side.
Citrus Basil Vinaigrette from Bobby Flay
Keywords: citrus vinaigrette, basil vinaigrette, summer salad, summer salad recipe, best summer salad, easy summer salad, healthy salad, healthy salad recipe, best salad recipe