Easy Crock Pot Turkey Stuffed Shells with Spinach are the perfect make-ahead dinner for the family! Stuff each dry shell with a turkey spinach ricotta mixture then smother with sauce and cheese! The ultimate comfort food bite!
- 28 jumbo shells
- 1.5 jars ( or 4.5 cups) of marinara sauce (use 2 different 25 oz. jars)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups fresh diced spinach
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- diced parsley for garnish
- Sauté Turkey & Spinach. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add avocado oil and diced onions. Cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds. Next add in the ground turkey. Cook turkey until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the fresh spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Make Filling. In a large bowl add ricotta cheese, turkey spinach mixture, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything.
- Stuff Shells: Stuff each jumbo shell with spinach turkey ricotta mixture.
- Layer Crock Pot with Prepared Shells: Add 3 cups of marinara sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place 14 stuffed shells on top of the sauce. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce over shells. Top with remaining stuffed shells and finish with the rest of the sauce.
- Cook in Crock Pot: Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 until shells are cooked and tender.
- Top with Mozzarella: When shells are cooked sprinkle mozzarella cheese over shells. Wait 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley. Serve!
Keywords: spinach stuffed shells, stuffed shells, stuffed shells with spinach, stuffed shells recipe, easy stuffed shells recipe, best stuffed shells recipe, how to make stuffed shells, ricotta stuffed shells, crock pot pasta recipe, crock pot pasta