These Crock Pot Turkey Spinach Stuffed Shells are a delicious comfort food meal that no one can resist! With ricotta cheese, ground turkey, spinach and Italian herbs, this pasta dish is pure perfection!
- 28 jumbo shells
- 2 jars of marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups fresh diced spinach
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- diced parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and diced onions. Cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add in the ground turkey. Cook turkey until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the fresh spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl add ricotta cheese, turkey spinach mixture, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything.
- Stuff each shell with spinach turkey ricotta mixture.
- Add 3 cups of marinara sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place 14 stuffed shells on top of the sauce. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce over shells.
- Top with remaining stuffed shells and finish with the rest of the sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 until shells are cooked.
- When shells are cooked sprinkle mozzarella cheese over shells. Wait 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley.
Keywords: spinach stuffed shells, stuffed shells recipe, easy stuffed shells recipe, best stuffed shells recipe, how to make stuffed shells, ricotta stuffed shells, crock pot pasta recipe, crock pot pasta