Throw boring homemade mashed potatoes out the window and make Creamy Goat Cheese Horseradish Mashed Potatoes instead! Seasoned with garlic and topped with green onions and pancetta, these flavorful potatoes will have you hooked.
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, diced (skin on)
- 1/2 cup of 2% milk
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons of prepared horseradish (not the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
- 3 oz. of pancetta, diced
- 1/4 cup of green onions, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add potatoes to a large pot filled with water. Place on medium high heat, and cook for 15-20 minutes (the smaller you cut your potatoes the shorter it will take)
- In meantime, heat a medium size non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add grape see oil and pancetta to the pan.
- Saute until pancetta is slightly browned, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan and place on paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are done, drain water from pot leaving just the potatoes. Add milk, goat cheese, garlic clove, horseradish, salt, and pepper. Using a hand mixer or potatoes masher, mash your potatoes to desired consistency. (and make sure that goat cheese is completely combined)
- Add in pancetta and green onions, mix in and serve!
Makes 6-8 servings.
Keywords: horseradish mashed potatoes, how to make garlic mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes from scratch