The Ultimate Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe filled with tex-mex vegetables, chicken and fresh cilantro. This Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup is easy to make, delicious and one of my favorite Fall soup recipes! A simple & healthy dinner idea that everyone will go crazy over!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 cups of Low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 large yellow squash, diced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 28 oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 14 oz. full fat coconut milk
- To a crock pot add, chicken breast, diced onions, garlic, zucchini, squash, smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder and diced fire roasted tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper and add chicken broth. Stir to mix everything together.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred using two forks or chop with a knife.
- Remove one cup of the broth and place in a blender with coconut milk. Blend until milk and broth no longer separate, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back into the crock pot along with corn, lime juice, cilantro and coconut milk mixture.
- Cook an additional 15 minutes on HIGH in the crock pot.
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, cheese (Cheddar or Queso Fresco) or tortilla chips
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 201 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: crockpot chicken tortilla soup, fall soup recipes, easy soup recipes, crockpot chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes, chicken tortilla soup recipe, chicken tortilla soup, tortilla soup recipe, slow cooker chicken tortilla soup, easy chicken tortilla soup, creamy chicken tortilla soup, dairy free recipes, gluten free soup recipes, crock pot soup recipe