This Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta is one of my favorite butternut squash recipes! Flavored with fresh sage and thyme, then garnished with salty bacon, this gluten free pasta recipe is luscious, healthy and absolutely addicting. The perfect quick dinner idea that screams fall comfort food!
- 3 strips of applewood bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups butternut squash cubes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoon diced fresh sage
- 1 1/2 tablespoon diced fresh thyme
- 1 cup 2% milk (or almond milk)
- salt to taste
- 12 oz. box of gluten free thin spaghetti pasta
- In a large skillet add the butter and red onion. Saute until slightly soft, about 1-2 minutes.
- Next add in the garlic, saute for 30 seconds, stir and add the butternut squash, chicken stock, sage, and thyme. Stir and cover. Cook until the butternut squash is fork tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- When the squash is tender, add all the contents of the skillet to a food processor along with the milk and salt to taste. Puree until smooth.
- In the meantime heat a small skillet to medium high heat, add the diced bacon to the pan and saute until the bacon is crispy. About 4-5 minutes. When the bacon is done, place it on a paper towel lined plate to let the grease drain.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add gluten free pasta, cook according to directions, (6-8 minutes) do not overcook.
- Drain pasta and add butternut squash sauce to the pasta, gently toss together and top with crispy bacon. Serve!
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 128 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
Keywords: butternut squash pasta, butternut squash pasta sauce, butternut pasta, easy dinner ideas, quick dinner ideas, butternut squash recipes,