Need a gluten-free treat that’s festive for the holidays? Whip up these crunchy Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti cookies – slightly sweet, and filled with tart cranberries and salty pistachio in every bite! They’re the perfect partner for your steaming mug of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 3/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups of 1:1 gluten free baking flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer, cream eggs and sugar until thick, about 5 minutes. Add in vanilla extract.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to the mixer until ingredients are well combined and a dough forms.
- Fold in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Place dough on a silicone baking mat or a baking sheet sprayed with PAM. Form dough into a log about 12 inch long and 3 1/2 inch wide.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until log is firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on a rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Transfer the biscotti log to a cutting board, and cut it into 3/4″ diagonal slices.
- Place biscotti cut side down on baking sheet, bake for about 10 minutes, turn slices over and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To Store: Keep cookies in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks. If you’ve dipped them in chocolate, transfer to the fridge after 1 week.
- To Freeze: First, flash-freeze cookies on a baking sheet until frozen solid. Then, transfer to a freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter before enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1 biscotti
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 78 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: biscottis, biscotti cookie, italian christmas cookies