Easy Cranberry Orange Dutch Baby baked till crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. A stunning festive breakfast recipe that’s perfect for the holidays!
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 9″ or 10″ cast iron skillet in oven while pre-heating.
- To a blender add flour, milk, orange juice, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, orange zest and salt. Blend for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides, and then blend for another 10 seconds. Until the batter is smooth and liquidity.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes, or until the oven is done pre-heating. This gives the flour time to absorb the liquid.
- Once oven to brought to temperature. Remove skillet from the oven and place on stove top. Add butter to the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Then add the cranberries. (some of them will pop, that’s fine)
- Next pour the batter on top of the butter and cranberries. Tilt the pan if needed so that the batter runs evenly to all sides. Place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake about 15 to 20 minutes. Until the Dutch baby is puffed up, lightly browned across the top, and darker brown on the sides and edges.
- Remove from oven.
- Optional: dust with powdered sugar or just serve with maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 228 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 73 mg