These Homemade Cranberry Almond Granola Bars are the perfect healthy breakfast or snack to have on hand! They’re loaded with nuts, cranberries and a chocolate drizzle for good measure.
- 1 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw pepitas
- 3/4 unsweetened dry cranberries
- 1/4 cup splenda natural brown sugar
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- To a food processor add 1/2 cup raw cashews, 1/2 cup raw almonds, 1/2 cup raw pecans, and 1/4 cup unsweetened dry cranberries. Pulse 5-6 times until the mixture has a “rice like” consistency.
- Add the chopped mixture to a large bowl with the remaining cashews, almonds, pecans, pepitas, and cranberries. Set aside.
- To a small saucepan, add splenda brown sugar, agave nectar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Stir and bring mixture to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Turn the mixture off. Remove from heat and immediately pour over the nut mixture. Stir quickly to cover all the nuts with and sugar mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan. (if you’re hands are wet it helps the mixture not to stick, or you could use wax paper on top to push it down)
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes in the pan. (this is the hard part, letting it cool)
- Then add chocolate chips to a small bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth. Evenly spread the chocolate over the top of the bars. Let cool for another 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
- Cut and devour!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cranberry bars, granola bars recipe, healthy granola bars recipe, homemade granola bars, how to make granola bars, healthy breakfast recipe, healthy snack recipe, best healthy breakfast, after school snack