DIY Chocolate Bowls made with balloons that are filled with fresh berries and topped with a dairy free Coconut Whipped Cream. These Chocolate Bowls are the perfect light and refreshing Valentines Day dessert.
- 6 oz. ghirardelli 60% cacao bar, melted
- 4 small balloons
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 14 oz. can coconut milk, cooled in the refrigerator for 24 hours
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- fresh mint for garnish
For Chocolate Bowls:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blow up 4 small balloons. Set aside.
- Add cacoa bar to a small glass bowl, melt chocolate in 30 second increments until smooth. Let cool slightly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of chocolate on parchment paper, and spread out into a small circle (about an 1″ round).
- Dunk the balloon in the melted chocolate and swirl around till you’re able to create a bowl and place on the chocolate circle you made on the parchment paper.
- Repeat the process three more times.
- Let balloons rest for 10 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
- Then, carefully, using scissors cut a small slit in the top of the balloon to let the air out. What you have left are small chocolate bowls.
For the Mixed Berries:
- To a large bowl add blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Gently toss to combine.
- Set aside.
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Add the cream from the can of coconut milk (just the top part, not the clear liquid part on the bottom) to a small bowl along with vanilla bean paste, and maple syrup. Using a hand mixer, blend until soft peaks form.
- To each chocolate bowl add mixed berries and top with coconut whipped cream.
- Optional: drizzle with melted chocolate and garnish with fresh mint
- Serving Size: 1 bowl + berries
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 32 g
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 14 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to make chocolate bowls, how to make coconut whipped cream, valentine's day dessert recipe