Cheesy Keto Turkey Meatballs filled with flavorful spices, baked in a marinara sauce to keep them tender and moist then topped with cheese served over a creamy low carb cauliflower puree.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (I used Muir Glen … use whatever is your favorite)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets (stems and leaves removed)
- 4 cups of water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- salt to season
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, red onion, garlic cloves, fresh spinach, parmesan cheese, eggs, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, fennel seeds, and black pepper. Using your hands, mix all the ingredients.
- Form into 1.5″ balls, you’ll end up with about 18-20 meatballs.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Add avocado oil to the skillet, and then place the meatballs in the pan.
- Sear both sides of the meatball for 3 minutes, until it has nice browning.
- Cover the meatballs with 1 large jar of marinara sauce.
- Place in oven, uncovered, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reached 165 degrees.
- While the meatballs are baking. To a large saucepan add cauliflower florets, water and garlic cloves.
- Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil. Steam for 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop cauliflower out of the pan and put in a blender along with garlic cloves. Add butter to the blender as well. Blend cauliflower until it smooth and creamy, like a puree. If it is too thick you can add in a little bit of water. Season with salt as needed.
- Serve Meatballs and sauce over cauliflower puree.
- Serving Size: 2 meatballs + puree
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 563 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 94 mg
Keywords: keto turkey meatballs, turkey meatballs, turkey meatball recipe, baked turkey meatballs, low carb meatballs, easy meatball recipe, ground turkey meatballs, best turkey meatballs