- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (I used Muir Glen … use whatever is your favorite)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, red onion, garlic cloves, fresh spinach, parmesan cheese, eggs, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, fennel seeds, and black pepper. Using your hands, mix all the ingredients.
- Form into twelve 2″ balls.
- Heat are large cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil to the skillet, and then place the meatballs in the pan.
- Sear both sides of the meatball for 3 minutes, until it has nice browning.
- Cover the meatballs with 1 large jar of marinara sauce.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reached 165 degrees.