Easy Cheese Zucchini Ravioli with roasted tomatoes – the perfect low carb low calorie dinner idea. Zucchini noodles wrapped around a garlic herb cheese then baked in a simple balsamic roasted tomato sauce for a fresh, light and delicious weeknight meal!
- 32 lengthwise slices of zucchini, 1/8″-1/4″ thick (use a mandoline for consistent slices)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup basil, chiffoned
- 8 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Burst Tomato Sauce:
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place thinly sliced zucchini on paper towel. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. (this will help remove the moisture and water from the zucchini) Let rest for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add ricotta, grated parmesan cheese, dry basil, dry oregano, dry parsley and garlic powder. Using a spoon, mix everything together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt. Toss together and spread on the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
- Grab 4 zucchini “noodles” and layer them to make a star.
- Start with 1 zucchini noodle, add another on top to make a X. Now make another X with the remaining 2 noodles, they will overlap with the current X to create a star.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoon of ravioli filling into the center of the zucchini.
- Bring the ends of the zucchini together, laying them over the cheese. and repeat with the other X.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini and filling.
- Place zucchini ravioli on top of the tomato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from Half Baked Harvest
- Serving Size: 2 ravioli + sauce
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 620 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: cheese ravioli, zucchini ravioli recipe, zucchini ravioli, easy zucchini recipes, low carb dinner ideas, low calorie pasta recipes, ravioli recipe, ravioli filling, zucchini noodle, how to make zucchini ravioli